Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Shadow Knows...

Who knows what evil lies in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows.

While I was in my tweens my mother had bought my father a large collectors pack of old radio dramas for Christmas. Amongst the various serials was probably one of my favorite story lines to date, "The Shadow."

Wealthy man-about-town Lamont Cranston (no. not the guy from Breaking Bad...did you know there was a band named 'lamont cranston?" Crazy.) was really, in fact, a supernatural crime fighter. Ok. So an insanely wealthy, dashing, SANE, guy who has mental abilities that allow himself to move objects and render himself invisible...essentially a rich jedi who can date without whining like a little mama's boy?? Yes please, I want to be him.

This was initially started as a submission to enter a pulp fiction based art exhibit, but deadlines with actual jobs kept me from meeting that deadline... I started it close to six months ago and finally made the time to complete it. I really, really like this one. Please Enjoy. 








  

2 comments:

  1. Niiiiiice! I appreciate all the work and skill that goes into the portraits that end up faded, dimmed, and even partially obscured in the final piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan!
      Ah the value of a digital medium. It's so much easier to paint a fully rendered face, then edit it to the main image's needs. I've had to do many faded images traditionally and this is much more convenient.

      Delete